The Signal Private Messenger is an app developed especially for private modes of communication. You can find it on Google Play under the Communication category. This a free app and rated suitable for 3+ age groups. The latest version of this app is 4.44.7. It was launched on 30 July 2019. You should have Android OS 4.4 or above to run this app.
This application’s developer name is Signal Foundation and size of the app is 134 MB. More than 10,000,000 people have downloaded this app. The app has been reviewed by 337,772 users with an average rating of 4.6/5 stars.
The Signal Private Messenger can be used to communicate with end-to-end encryption. The messages are secure and your privacy is respected. User’s data-safety is the top-priority of this app. As this is an open source app, the signal is free. This means that you can audit the code and verify your security.
Moreover, the app supports messaging and calls. It is free of charge and you don’t have to rely on costly calls and SMS service anymore.
The key features of the Signal Private Messenger app are:
- The app is free of charge
- It is safe and guarantees your privacy, for both messaging and calls
- The user interface is simple and convenient
- It enables group chat
- It is a fast and reliable app
- You must have Android OS 4.0 or higher version
- The messages are encrypted
- You must grant access to your contacts
- You must enable it to access your location
- You must grant access to the SMS, camera, storage, and device ID
Pros of the application
- The app is 100% free of charge
- It is easy to install and use
- It has a very quick response time
- The signal is very good
- The quality of the calls is excellent
- The tone and voice are clear
- Group chat is supported
- End-to-end encryption is included
- Safety is on a higher level
- Syncs automatically with your phonebook and saves your time
- Enables crystal-clear conversations
- Several languages are supported through its keyboard options
- Does not store your photos and conversations on the servers
Cons of the application
- The users state that revealing one’s phone number is a drawback
- This app currently does not support installation on tablets and works only on mobile phones
This app has several different functions. First of all, you can use it for different ways of communications. Secondly, you can verify the safety and privacy as it is an open-source app. Other functions include:
- Free high-quality calls
- Free messages
- Free group chats
- Saving your conversations
- Checking end-to-end encryption
- Checking the code and security
Signal Private Messenger gives users a secure and end-to-end encrypted environment in which they can communicate easily. A lot of businesses depend on secrecy and confidentiality for their success. This free app offers you a safe way to send messages, carry out person-to-person chat, conduct group chats, save conversations, and make calls through a safe channel.